'cause every body needs a strategy
Potaje de Garbanzos (Cuban Chickpea Stew)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 cups chickpeas (garbanzo beans)
- 1 (4 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 3 tablespoons dry cooking wine (can skip if you don't have it)
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- black pepper to taste
- 2 cloves of fresh garlic
- 3 teaspoons adobo seasoning
- 1 1/2 cups of water
- 1/2 cup cooked smoked sausage (can also use chorizo)
- Slice sausage lengthwise, then cut into 1/4-inch slices.
- Heat oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Brown sausage about 5 minutes. Stir in onion; cook 5 minutes. Stir in chickpeas, tomato sauce, and wine. Season with oregano, garlic, adobo and pepper to taste. Simmer, stirring occasionally, at least 10 minutes.
- For better flavor place in slow cooker and allow to soften 1 hour or more is preferable.