Simple South Beach Style Bluefish (or any type of firm saltwater white fish)
- 2 firm filets of bluefish or other (firm white saltwater fish)
- 1 teaspoon reduced sodium Adobo
- 1 teaspoon butter or ghee
- 2 tbsp cilantro chopped
- 2 tbsp red onion chopped
- 2 tbsp firm mango (gainers only)
- Pepper to taste
- Heat butter in a nonstick saucepan over medium-low heat.
- Lightly season filets with adobo. Place in melted butter, skin side up. Cook for 4-5 minutes or until fragrant and lightly brown. Flip and cook an additional 3 minutes skin side down. Be sure to add a weighted press or hold down with spatula to prevent curling.
- Remove fish from heat and add onions to pan. Cook until slightly tender (approx 1.5 minutes).
- Remove cooked onions and mix with mango, cilantro and lime juice.
- Serve with black beans & "faux rice" or with any veggie of your choice.