Spicy Salmon with Yogurt Sauce and Roasted Broccoli
Here is another great Body Strategist approved recipe from www.womansday.com This recipe is great, combining calcium from the broccoli and vitamin D + omegas from the salmon its a delicious way to up your nutrient intake. Approved for both #loosers & #gainers, just double the salmon and add a starchy carb like baked potato if your goal is to grow.
"Spicy Salmon with Yogurt Sauce and Roasted Broccoli
- 1 large head broccoli (about 1 lb), cut into florets
- 1 1/2 tbsp. Extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. cumin seeds
- Kosher salt and pepper
- 1 1 1/4 lb. piece skinless center-cut salmon fillet, cut into 4 pieces
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 lemon
- 1/2 c. plain whole-milk yogurt
- 1/4 c. fresh mint, roughly chopped
- 1/4 seedless cucumber, cut into 1/4" pieces
- Heat oven to 450°F. On a large rimmed baking sheet, toss the broccoli with the oil, then the cumin seeds and 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper. Roast until lightly charred and tender, 15 to 17 minutes.
- Season the salmon with the cayenne and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Five minutes into cooking the broccoli, push it to one side of the pan and place the salmon on the other side. Roast until opaque throughout, 10 to 12 minutes.
- While the broccoli and salmon roast, make the yogurt sauce: Finely chop the garlic. Sprinkle a pinch of salt on top, then use the flat edge of a knife to mash and scrape into a paste; transfer to a medium bowl. Grate the zest of half a lemon over the top, the squeeze in 1 tablespoon juice. Add the yogurt, mint and 1/2 teaspoon pepper and stir to combine, then fold in the cucumber. Serve with the salmon and broccoli.
PER SERVING 368 CAL, 23 G FAT (4 G SAT FAT), 92 MG CHOL, 385 MG SOD, 34 G PRO, 9 G CAR, 3 G FIBER"
For pics of this delicious dish, visit Women's Day http://www.womansday.com/food-recipes/food-drinks/recipes/a57716/salmon-yogurt-sauce-roasted-broccoli-recipe/
Check out more great recipes here: http://www.womansday.com/food-recipes/