Here is another great Body Strategist approved recipe from www.womansday.com This recipe is great, combining iron from the black beans and vitamin C from the peppers its a delicious way to up your nutrient intake. Approved for both #loosers & #gainers, just double the serving and add a a cup of rice if your goal is to grow.
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 lb. lean ground beef
- 2 large cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 red pepper, cut into 1/2" pieces
- 1 c. dried split red lentils
- 2 tbsp. chili powder
- 1 28 oz. can fire-roasted diced tomatoes
- 1 14 oz. can black beans, rinsed
- 1/2 c. fresh cilantro, roughly chopped
- kosher salt
- Heat the oil in a large Dutch oven over medium heat. Add the onion and 1/2 teaspoon salt and cook, stirring occasionally, until beginning to soften, 4 minutes. Add the beef and cook, breaking it up with a spoon until browned, 3 to 4 minutes. Add the garlic, pepper, lentils, and chili powder and cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
- Add the tomatoes and 2 cups water and bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer, partially covered, stirring occasionally, until the lentils are tender, 15 to 17 minutes.
- Add the beans and cook, stirring, until heated through, 1 to 2 minutes. Fold in the cilantro just before serving.
PER SERVING 534 CAL, 14 G FAT (10.5 G SAT FAT), 425 MG CHOL, 788 MG SOD, 26 G PRO, 6 G CAR, 2 G FIBER"
For pics of this delicious dish, visit Women's Day http://www.womansday.com/food-recipes/food-drinks/recipes/a57679/quick-chili-recipe/
Check out more great recipes here: http://www.womansday.com/food-recipes/