Fajita Chicken Roll-ups
Here is another great Body Strategist approved recipe from www.womansday.com. Approved for both #loosers, this low calorie, low carb option isn't substantial enough for those looking to pack on some more pounds.
"Fajita Chicken Roll-ups
- 2 tbsp. Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp. dried oregano
- 2 cloves garlic, very finely chopped
- Kosher salt and pepper
- 8 small (2 oz. each) chicken cutlets, trimmed
- 1 each yellow and red bell pepper, sliced
- 2 tbsp. fresh lime juice
- 2 tsp. honey
- 1 5-oz. package mixed greens
- 1/2 seedless cucumber, cut into half moons
- 1/4 c. (1 oz.) feta cheese
- Heat oven to 375°F. In a small bowl, whisk together 1 tablespoon oil, the cumin, oregano, half the garlic, and 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper.
- Brush the chicken cutlets with the spice mixture. Divide the peppers among the cutlets, then roll up and secure tightly with wooden toothpicks or skewers.
- Heat the remaining tablespoon oil in a large cast-iron skillet over medium heat. Add the chicken seam-side down and cook until golden brown, about two minutes. Turn and cook 1 minute more, then transfer to the oven and roast until the chicken is cooked through, 9 to 11 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk together the lime juice, honey, the remaining garlic, and a pinch of pepper. Toss with the greens, cucumber, and feta. Serve with the chicken.
PER SERVING 250 CAL, 11.5 G FAT (3 G SAT FAT), 71 MG CHOL, 268 MG SOD, 26 G PRO, 10 G CAR, 2 G FIBER"
For pics of this delicious dish, visit Women's Day http://www.womansday.com/food-recipes/food-drinks/recipes/a57701/fajita-chicken-roll-ups-recipe/
Check out more great recipes here: http://www.womansday.com/food-recipes/