Egg Pepper Rings with Carrot Salsa
Here is another great Body Strategist approved recipe from www.womansday.com. Approved for both #loosers, this low calorie, low carb option isn't substantial enough for those looking to pack on some more pounds.
"Egg Pepper Rings with Carrot Salsa
- 1 each medium red and yellow pepper
- 2 tbsp. Extra virgin olive oil
- 2 large carrots, coarsely grated
- 1 pint cherry or grape tomatoes, quartered
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 c. fresh cilantro, roughly chopped
- 8 large eggs
- 1/2 tsp. dried oregano
- Kosher salt and pepper
- Toasted English Muffins (optional)
- Slice the peppers into eight 1/2-inch-thick rings. Dice the remaining peppers and transfer to a medium bowl.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add the pepper rings and cook until they begin to soften and turn golden brown, 3 to 4 minutes per side.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, toss the diced peppers, carrots, tomatoes and garlic with the remaining tablespoon oil and a pinch each salt and pepper, then fold in the cilantro.
- Crack 1 egg into each pepper ring; sprinkle with oregano and 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper. Cover and cook until the whites are set, 4 to 5 minutes for soft yolks. Top with the carrot salsa and serve on English muffins (if using).
PER SERVING 251 CAL, 16.5 G FAT (4 G SAT FAT), 372 MG CHOL, 322 MG SOD, 14 G PRO, 11 G CAR, 3 G FIBER"
For pics of this delicious dish, visit Women's Day http://www.womansday.com/food-recipes/food-drinks/recipes/a57686/egg-pepper-rings-carrot-salsa-recipe/
Check out more great recipes here: http://www.womansday.com/food-recipes/